Thursday, April 19, 2012

Let it Go? NO!

I don't know what the correct term is for someone who can't let stuff go, but when it comes to proper grammar or pronunciation of words, I'm the worst. It's good to be educated about grammar and pronunciation and THAT part I'm proud to pass on to my family. HOWEVER, I'm, no doubt, the extreme (as far as that goes). It's one thing to share that trait with my husband (or transform him over time-- as the case may be-- he wasn't nearly as bad as now).
I guess the term is nit-picker. Ya. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work out in my favor (as all things should). Sometimes, albeit rare, I will speak too quickly or too colloquially and not enunciate as much as I typically do.

So I'm in the bedroom last night reading (seriously… get and read this book) and Bill comes into the bedroom. I start to explain where I'm at in the book. It's been a bit since I've talked with him about this book, so he's not super into what I'm saying… new one. "The mother is suing her former obstetrician (and also former best friend) for wrongful birt…" Interjects bill, "Birt?!" Ahhhh crap! I get a two-minute lecture. "So let me get this straight: not only do I not know what 'wrongful birt' is, but I don't even know what 'birt' is. Is this something new?" Can you give me another example of this 'birt' that you're talking about so I can get a better picture of what you're saying?" On and on and on. Thankfully, it was about HIMME GIMME.

No comments:

Post a Comment